Total 32 books. (Yes, happy. :) )
Since the kindle arrived - 6 kindled, 4 unkindled.
- QnA - Vikas Swarup
- Nine Stories - J D Salingar
- Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert
- Love, Again - Doris Lessing
- To catch a butterfly - Vivek Kumar
- Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
- Curious Case of Benjamin Button - F. Scott
- The Golden Notebook - Doris Lessing
- Unaccustomed Earth - Jhumpa Lahiri
- The runaway Jury - John Grisham
- The Dip - Seth Godin
- Paths of Glory - Jeffery Archer
- Lord of the Flies - William Golding
- A room of one's own -Virginia Woolf
- A room with a view - E M Forster
Revolutionary Road- Richard Yates
- Virginia Woolf Guineas
- Identity -
- The first Women in Love - D H Lawrence
- The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
- Queen of Spades and other stories - Pushkin
- Nocturnes - Kazuo Ishiguro
- Howard's End - EM Forster (Kindled)
- Murder in the dark - Margaret Atwood
- The wife and other stories - Anton Chekhov (Kindled)
- Selected Short Stories - Balzac
- Never Let me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro (KIndled)
- The Bluest Eye - Toni Morrison (Kindled)
- Chariots of God - Erich Von Daniken (Kindled)
- 2001: A space odyssey - Arthur C Clarke(Kindled)
- The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
- Herta Muller landof Green Plums
So come to think of it, only a few - may be 4 or 5 are books which K would have read. This year, thankfully, he picks up his reading - and most of the times we read different stuff. Apart from the above there'll be couple of score of short stories - new yorker, elsewhere on net, once in a while ft exclusive.
A few points for 2010 -
- Read more. Yes, the one book per week has been a target for last few years - but, someday, rather some year. 2007, 2008 - I read some 25 odd books each. Halfway. So 2009 was better. But I have bought a lot more, so lots to unkindle and kindle.
- Read more K-read stuff - Larssen, soon. But somehow I and K meet only at a few authors. The people I like to read are quite different from K's style. But am happy to explore - that's one of the things about first few days in Jan - you are more open to considering new things, new ideas. Hope the attitude stays.
- Read more short stories - No problem with that. K has recently ordered more contemproary short stories from Flipkart. And I get my New Yorker gift - 40 odd assured apart from the fiction issue. I really love the short story form.
- Read diverse - New and old.
So far in 2010,
1. 2010 - Odyessey two: Yes, Yes, I spent the first two days of 2010, reading 2010. And as always, Arthur Clarke was fun. Unkindled. More on the book later
2. Still reading - Remains of the Day. I like the narrative style - fresh. More once over. Just 100 pages down. Hopefully as the second week of 2010 ends...
Next in line - Other rooms other wonders (short story collection), Steig Larssen :), And some more on kindle.
Score keeping over.