Jan 16, 2020

Wrapping up 2019


Here’s the list of books I read in 2019 (most recent at top) 
A shorter list compared to the other two recent years. Not many. However, for a while, I did write about the books I read. Glad about that. For the most recently read ones (the 5 or 6 not-linked bullets), my notes are still in draft-form. Not a lot, but hopefully I’ll get around to cleaning the drafts – and then perhaps I might still have a para for each of those not-linked bullets, if not a post. 

2019 also marked the decade for this blog. I started this when I got my first kindle, when they launched global shipping, in 2009. I was still in my 20s and A was still a baby/ toddler then, almost. We were still in Mumbai then.  I’ve still got that first kindle somewhere – a bit dislodged from its original book-flap cover, although it never seems to go beyond the frozen screensaver image.  There’s a blacker, newer kindle now which too gathers dust since I gravitate towards books in their physical form. 


Compared to all the other blogs I have launched and closed meanwhile, this one has been here for a while, so cheers to that and to the decade of ‘the kindled and the unkindled’.

Not that these markers matter much but new years, new months, new weeks, they all bring a fleeting lift – a re-imagining of self, a refresh of resolutions, a renewed sense of possibilities. 

Here's to 2020, and to reading.